TOGAF an Architectural Framework – The Open Group Architectural Framework. It is a valuable tool for developing a broad range of different IT architectures. Most importantly, it enables you to design, evaluate, and build the right architecture for your organization. The key to TOGAF is a reliable, proven method – the TOGAF Architecture Development Method (ADM) – for developing an IT architecture that meets the needs of your business.
TOGAF an Architectural Framework
TOGAF an Architectural Framework
- Developed by Open Group Company
- Open Group Architecture Framework
- A Framework For Enterprise
- Initiated At the Early 1990s
- TOGAF is based on four interrelated areas called Architecture Domains
- TOGAF models Business, Application, Data, and Technology
What TOGAF an Architectural Framework is?
What is TOGAF?
TOGAF, also known as The Open Group Architecture Framework. Is a framework initiated by the Open group to approach designing, planning, implementing and governing an enterprise information technology architecture.
In addition, TOGAF helps organizations implement software technology in a structured and organized way. With a focus on governance and meeting business objectives. Software development relies on collaboration between multiple departments and business units both inside and outside of IT. And TOGAF helps address any issues around getting key stakeholders on the same page.
The TOGAF specializes on an area called Architecture Domains. These domains are:
- Business Architecture: which defines the business strategy, governance, organization, and key business processes of the organization.
- Data Architecture: which describes the structure of an organization’s logical and physical data assets and the associated data management resources.
- Applications Architecture: which provides a blueprint for the individual systems to be deployed. The interactions between the application systems, and their relationships to the core business processes of the organization within the framework. For services to be exposed as business functions for integration.
- Technical Architecture or Technology Architecture: which describes the hardware, software, and network infrastructure needed to support the deployment of core, mission-critical applications.
The Use of Architectural Framework
Using an architectural framework will speed up and simplify architecture development, ensure complete coverage of the designed solution. And make certain that the architecture selected allows for future growth in response to the needs of the business.
The Architecture Development Method (ADM) is at the heart of TOGAF. The ADM helps businesses establish a process around the lifecycle of enterprise architecture. The ADM adapt and is customizable to a specific organizational need. Which can then help inform the business’s approach to information architecture. ADM helps businesses develop a process that involves multiple checkpoints. And firmly establish requirements so that the process can be repeated with minimal errors.
Architecture design is a technically complex process, and the design of heterogeneous, multi-vendor architectures is particularly complex. TOGAF plays an important role in helping to “demystify”. the architecture development process, enabling IT users to build genuinely open systems-based solutions to their business needs.
GlobeSoft Qatar offers training to individual or organization for Architectural Frameworks to deliver a broad range of architectures to enterprises. Architectural Frameworks by Togaf helps organizations implement software technology in a structured and organized way.
Like TOGAF, this wider program of work offers significant business benefits to all its participants.